Connect storage accounts to Outlook
If you use emails regularly, you probably have added attachments, such as photos or documents to your emails. And most likely those are files you stored on your computer or you flash drive. With Outlook, you have another option. If you store files on an online storage service such as Dropbox, Box, Google Drive or even Facebook, you can attach those files to your email messages on Outlook. We will take you through a few steps to do so.
- Go to your Inbox on https://outlook.live.com/owa.
- Click on the gear icon in the top right, choose Options.
- On the left pane, click Mail > Attachment options > Storage accounts.
- Choose the storage service you're using to store your files.
- A window will pop up, asking you to log in to that site. Please log in. If you've already logged in, Outlook will ask for permission to access your files.
- Click Allow when asked for permission to access the files.
Your storage account is now connected to Outlook; you can attach files from there to your email messages or calendar events.